Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We have an exciting opening for an entry-level position as an Account Executive working within the Merkle client service team across a group of the agencies largest clients. This role will be to support and learn from the leadership on key accounts, helping to oversee the agency/client engagement and manage the ongoing relationship/co-ordination between client stakeholders and agency delivery teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to launch a career in the industry with a holistic view of cross capability agency engagements and agency ways of working.
Life as a Client Service Account Exec at Merkle
As an Account Executive at Merkle, your day to day role and key responsibility will be to ensure operational success for our clients.
You will have strong relationships with both key client stakeholders and other agency teams to ensure that campaign timings and processes are clear and adhered to. The Account Executive role is vital in ensuring that all deliveries are successful, supporting the Account Managers in both identifying and implementing these improvements and efficiencies including:
· Commercial oversight– Learning and supporting the management of account operations including how the agency makes money, contracting terms, forecasting, billing and margin monitoring
· Account co-ordination – Developing a good understanding of different agency offerings and ways of working by supporting the co-ordination of brief responses, and meetings
· Career progression & personal development – working side by side with experienced account directors to learn how to manage a successful agency account
What we are looking for in you
· Attitude is key – we need someone with energy, ideas, curiosity, passion and a and willingness to learn/adapt in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail, ensuring work and monitoring is accurate.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the client early on and act as the face of Merkle onsite
· A team player with the ability to balance client priorities with agency commercials
· Ability to manage multiple clients and projects, with added value and a curious and proactive approach
· Experience of using Microsoft outlook, excel, PowerPoint
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be working with the client services team so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for working with clients and helping our marketing campaigns run successfully. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in client service.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete a video interview (they sound scarier then they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research into Merkle.
· In Office Interview – If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the in-office interview (or live video interview if we are still working from home due to the pandemic). This is a chance for you to come to the office, meet us in person, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will meet more of the team and be able to showcase further why you are interested in this role and why you think you’re suited to this position.
Please note as part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please let us know. We are here to help assist you to be able to complete the process to the best of your ability.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (you’re interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days